Delivering affordable, sustainable homes; regenerating communities; creating new income streams for public services.
Who is SCIP?
SCIP is a 50:50 joint venture partnership between South Cambridgeshire District Council and the Hill Group, one of the UK’s largest private housebuilders. We formed in October 2020 and our ambitions include:
- increase the number of sustainable homes across the region, in line with the Council’s aspirations towards net zero carbon
- delivering new homes which are truly affordable for everyone to live in
- regenerate local communities and develop commercial spaces
- support the Council’s Investment Strategy by generating income which will be used to support vital public services
- prioritise sustainable construction and minimising waste on site
- conserve water throughout the construction process and design of the developments
- prioritise local supply chains, local employment opportunities and apprentices
The Partnership will not use any existing Council assets or landbanks. It will instead source and acquire brand new land opportunities for development.
Over the next four years, the Council is actively looking to invest up to £170 million with its investment partners in the acquisition and development of land in South Cambridgeshire and the wider travel to work area, as determined by the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Independent Economic Review (CPIER).